Today’s Etsy Spotlight is Persnickety Pelican. They have adorable items that involve such Tipsy loves as wiener dogs, owls, chihuahuas and more. We have worked with this mother/daughter team on Der’s surprise party and can’t tell you enough nice things about them. Great to work with on custom stuff! Go check them out!
Sometimes, well most of the time if y’all have learned anything about me yet, I feel like dressing all ruffly and sweet. But there are the times when I need to throw in a little attitude in the form of some studded sandals, a masculine plaid shirt and some bright cherry pie toesies.
So last Friday, the Tipsy girls along with Der’s family threw a surprise party for Der’s birthday. The theme however should come as no surprise to anyone: Wiener Wonderland. It went off without a hitch! Check it out!
- Wieners hanging from the ceiling
- Wieners in balloon form
- Wieners in cake form
- Wieners attached to candy bags
- Wieners in Slinky form
Der with a wiener balloon hat, surprised and holding a new birthday wiener. Introducing: Mia
I was blonde as a child, but now my hair is brown. My pesky eyebrows and eyelashes have remained in my childhood days and have yet to get the memo. So, I am left with finding a solution that allows me to look like I might actually have some brows. I have found the best eyebrow product ever. Seriously. I kid you not.
I apply this with an angle brush with tiny little strokes. You can mix the colors to create your custom shade. It works wonders, looks completely natural (ie, no one ever thinks I have drawn on catepillars on my forehead) and lasts FOREVA. Don’t hesitate, go on.. getcha some!
I love lamps…plain, simple, it’s love…
- Pottery Barn, Brookshire Ceremic Table Lamp
- Restoration Hardware, Crystal Pier Lamp
- Pottery Barn, Eva Colored Glass Table Lamp
- Pottery Barn, Hayes Task Table Lamp
- Anthropologie, Curiouser Lamp
- Pottery Barn, James Glass Kerosene Lamp
- Pottery Barn, Fairview Table Lamp
- Anthropologie, String-of-Pearls Lamp
Now, if only they weren’t so dang expensive!
Get it? You can thank Der for that knee slapper. So…to go along with my all.things.Asian.obsession, I’ve always wanted and loved Kimonos. In fact, I wore one for a particular Halloween (about 4 years ago) and I believe that just may have been the happiest day of my life, well next to various other moments (childbirth, meeting my love–you know, the usual ladies).
I guess as an attempt to relive that moment on Halloween, I been loving on the Kimono styled shirts. My picks:
You know, some happy hours just need to be wine. No mixing drinks and what not, just pour me a glass–quick fix! I, myself, am a pinot grigio drinker. Voga Italia pinot grigio can be found at your grocery store ladies. I don’t know much about wine and I’m no connoisseur that’s for sure. But I do know this…it’s like $8 and I LIKE IT!
We are back with another Tipsy Favs Edition! This week we are tackling moisturizers. Not surprisingly none of us use the same moisturizer. Some of us are using one, some of us are using two, some of us are just downright confused.
- Der: Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer-I like it because it’s equally moisturizing and zit fighting and cheap too! I’ve used the same facewash and moisturizer for probably 10 years…. if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
- Court: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion-Very mild so doesn’t break me out with my acne prone complexion. The face wash is great too.
- Sarah: Beauticontrol Skin Logics Clear Oil Control Moisturizer and Beauticontrol SPF Booster 30+-The one on the left is for night-time. I like it because it helps keep my acne-prone skin clear while I sleep. The one on the right is for day-time. I like it because I have all day SPF protection, but it’s not greasy and doesn’t break me out like other moisturizers w/ sunscreen that I’ve tried.
- AK: Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin and Aveeno Positively Ageless Daily Moisturizer SPF 30-I was using a more expensive moisturizer and wanted to go a little cheaper so I am sort of in an experimental phase of cheaper moisturizers right now. I’m using both of these and am liking both of them. I like that the Neutrogena one is really light but I like that the Aveeno one is going after that premature aging.
I think we have a bit of a competition brewing between the Tipsy Ladies. Who can acquire the most 4 legged friends (kittahs or doxies) and even better….who can buy the most shit for them to play with, that looks like them, to put on them or just honoring them? Der, your slowly turning into the crazy wiener lady. Very questionable name.
I am very crazy cat lady who is CRAZY about this Mod-dog’s work.
- Personalized Fine Art – gotta love Pablo.
- Mod Dachshund Print – I got this in Grass Green for Der’s birthday. Matted it and framed it like shown and may love it more than she does.
- Mod Main Coon Cat Print
- Copper Pet ID Tag
- Labrador Retriever Note cards – this has Sarah name all over it (re: Abby her 3 year old baby lab).
Their tagline is cute: Modern Art for Modern Pets. That can also be translated into Modern Art for pet owners that are bat.shit.crazy for their four legged friends.