We promised yall an overall compilation of the shower itself and here it is!! Like we said yesterday, our inspiration was Der’s nursery colors which are turquoise, green, yellow and grey. From there we found the invitation we wanted to use and then used that same logo throughout the rest of the shower.
- Sarah was in charge of the blocks and this is what she had to say about them, “I got the idea to use the blocks for guests to sign when I was Facebook stalking (you know, because everyone does that), but Court was the one that actually found these cuties on Etsy from Sweet Olivia Designs. She was so easy to work with and now Aiden will have a life long memory of all the people who loved and supported him even before he was born!”
- The flowers we special ordered from Costco in colors closest to what we were using: blue hydrangeas, green mums, yellow roses and yellow buttons.
- Der’s corsage was made out of baby socks using floral tape, yellow raffia and a blue pacifier. Everything was disassembled after the shower so she could still utilize all the components.
- We served wine, beer, and strawberry basil lemonade (recipe here). We made name labels for both cups and the wine glasses.
- Our paper goods were in coordinating colors via Party City.
- The “cake”scape as promised! We made all the cake/cupcakes ourselves and then put the toppers (from Two Sugar Babies) on before the party. The crazy babies on the cake were added as a last minute decision. We thought about taking an up close pic of the plastic babies and sending it to Der ahead of time as a sneak peek of her shower but we figured that would scare the shit out of her, so we didn’t.
The mommy and daddy to be. Check out daddy’s t-shirt–it was handcrafted and a huge hit at the party. It was his surprise for us Tipsy gals! We also made a boutonniere out of a cigar, blue raffia and a pacifier for him!
(By the way you can catch a glimpse of the poms in the background in these last two pics!)
Our apologies for the blurry pics!!