1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Birthed a bouncing baby boy! Ouch.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
You know, I typically don’t make resolutions mainly because I don’t keep them. I am making some BIG ones for 2011 though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Do I count?? What about me! Um, there were babies everywhere in 2010 and apparently that will also hold true for 2011. Bring on the babies!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My brave father in law passed away recently after a long battle with cancer. I am forever grateful that he was able to meet our son. He was admirable in so many ways and we miss him every day.
5. What countries did you visit?
Um, none. Same answer as last year. I spent the entire year preggers, so there was very little traveling.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
February 6th, 2010.. the day I found out I was expecting AJ.
March 18th, 2010… the first time I laid eyes on my little gummi bear.
June 20th 2010…. I saw a tiny weenie.. not the dog variety. It’s a boy!
October 7th, 2010…the day we welcomed our precious son into the world.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Bringing another life into the world. Beat that. Haha.
9. What was your biggest failure?
dude, this question is so hard. I don’t know. I’m trying to stay positive here…not trying to force on some depression or something.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
morning sickness sucks donkey balls.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I would have to say baby gear. There seems to be a theme with all my answers.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband’s. He put up with some mega mood swings, emotional breakdowns, financial changes and losing his father all while prepping for the biggest gig he ever took on.. being a daddy. I’m so proud of him and what he does for our family.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’m gonna take the high road.
14. Where did most your money go?
Baby, baby stuff…thankfully not to doctors or hospitals because apparently being a fireman has perks in insurance, not paychecks.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out the sex of my child. I couldn’t sleep for days prior. Oh, and of course his birth. That’s a story that I’ll save for another day, but man was it exciting! Like the movies kind of exciting.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. I LOVE that song, specifically the Glee version.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Infinitely Happier….babies have that effect on you.
Fatter.. .again babies tend to have that effect on you.
Poorer… again with the babies.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Looked around, enjoyed time with friends and family. I feel like I looked up and the year is over.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry, everything always works out the way it’s supposed to…I’m gonna keep the same answer as last year on this one. I really do need to stop the worrying.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family at several different houses. The hubs worked so, that was a bummer.
21. Did you fall in love with 2010?
Sure, why not. It had some super duper good times, but there were several major lows too. Overall I would say definitely a year to remember.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, Private Practice and Glee
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone. Ever. But this year sure did test that in a real big way.
24. What was the best book you read?
Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy and Knocked Up by Rebecca Eckler (hey! I did read this year!)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I discovered anything musical this year, but I sure do dig the glee soundtracks.
26. What did you want and get?
A baby. And a third weiner dog.
27. What did you want and not get?
I think I got everything I wanted. Ok, maybe not a new car…but I’ll take a bambino over a car anyday.
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
I honestly can’t remember the names of any movies right now. So, I’m guessing none of them made that big of an impression.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and all my Tipsy gals, family and friends threw me my first ever surprise party and it was weiner dog themed!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would have to say that this year was pretty satisfying on it’s own. It doesn’t need any help.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
More casual than ever before.. between maternity wear and post partum, I didn’t stand too much of a chance fashion-wise.
32. What kept you sane?
My husband. He really does know how to reel my ass in when I get a case of the crazies.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t do politics.
34. Who did you miss?
I missed seeing my friends regularly for adult evenings. I think those went down drastically with all the preggos we got running around.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Aiden James, my son. I’m gonna go on record and say the best person I’ve ever met. Ever.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Everything happens for a reason. It really and truly does.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“It won’t be like this for long” Darius Rucker