I’m always at a loss for what to get my co-workers. I mean, you usually see these people more than you see your own family, so you want them to know you care, but you don’t want to break the bank. I mean, even if you don’t like your co-workers you might consider a little something…hey…a little Holiday sucking up never hurt anyone!
If you are like me, you struggle every year with what to get your parents for Christmas. Generally I can get by with finding something for my mom, but for my dad–that’s a tough one. As I went on the hunt I found some pretty cool things….granted, some of these are out of my price range but they may not be out of yours so I thought I’d pass them along!
- Frontgate, Amplified Phone with Answering System-check out the HUGE numbers and the PHOTO speed dials!
- Old Navy, Cable Knit Cocoon Cardigan
- American Apparel, Circle Scarf
- Sur La Table, Moistly Grilled Cast Iron Grill Humidifier
- Amazon, Vacuum Seal Marinizer System
- Williams-Sonoma, Monogrammed Forged Steak Brand
- Crate and Barrel, Pixie Candleholder
- Sundance, Mason Jar Snowglobe
- Crate and Barrel, Fiesta At Rick’s Cookbook by Rick Bayless
- Sur La Table, Jura Cup Warmer-OMG this is so cool!
- The Home Depot, Wireless Rain Gauge
- The Home Depot, Ames Water Genie
There are so many things in this world that I would love to have but a) will never buy for myself, and b) could not afford right now even if I did want to buy them. That, my friends, is the beauty of a birthday, and mine is right around the corner. Here are some items that are on my birthday wish list this year…
- Macy’s, Keurig B60 Coffee Maker, Single Serve : This might be one of the greatest kitchen appliance I have ever used. For anybody who drinks a cup or 2 of coffee every day but not a whole pot, this is the perfect gift. No more cleaning a coffee pot. Ever again.
- Overstock.com, KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender : Yes I want a blender for my birthday. And yes, it has to be this color.
- Victoria’s Secret, Motorcycle Jacket : I love this jacket. Every time I get a Victoria’s Secret catalog in the mail I drool over it.
- Old Navy, Women’s Sliver Wedge Boots: I really want some tall, flat boots in this camel color for the fall, and these are super cute without a super high price tag.
- Amazon, Mikasa Cheers Too 16-ounce White Wine Glasses : I got the original Mikasa Cheers white wine glasses as a graduation gift and would love to have the full set.
- Target, Sex and the City 2 I loved the show and I love this movie. It was even better than the last one. I have the entire series on DVD as well as the first movie, so I need to complete my collection
- Amazon, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse : Although it is not available yet, I am holding out hope it will be here by my birthday. I am a Twi-hard, what can I say.
- Target, Tom Tom XL 340T GPS : I will be the first to admit that my sense of direction sucks. When I eventually leave the small college town I currently live in, a GPS for my car will be a must have.
- Reebok, RunTone Action Shoes : I just recently started running and I really want a pair of these shoes. Who doesn’t want their butt to look better?
- Direct From Mexico, Large Thick Talavera Cross : a) I love all things Mexican (especially food and decor), and b) I collect crosses
Oh and one more thing…
A brother or sister for Lily
I’m not plastic or paper. I’ve seen a coupla of coworkers sporting these around.
Hot coffee and iced coffee! Great for the environment and lookin’ hip in the process.
Are you looking for a cheap gift to give a neighbor, a co-worker, a teacher, a babysitter or somebody in that realm…you don’t want to spend a ton but you want them to know you care? I’m going to give you a few ideas…
Give them stuff in a jar. Get a jar, get some cute fabric, and get some raffia to tie the fabric on with and shove one of these ideas in. You can either put the ingredients for a mix of some sort minus the wet ingredients or put something pre-made (ala nuts). Write or print out the recipe and attach it.
- Cowboy Cookies
- Nuts: Sweet (Cinnamon Almonds) or Spicy (Hot & Spicy Peanuts)
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Spice Rub
- Bean Soup
- Dog Biscuit Mix
Thinking something a little more hardcore than nuts, cocoa mix and dog biscuits? How ’bout a round on you? So…this may not be the one to give a teacher or babysitter especially if they are caring for your children at the time…this might be more of a neighbor/co-worker thing.
Make a homemade mixer and pour it in a pretty bottle, then include whatever libation goes with it in mini bottle form, put them on a mini serving tray (or dessert plate) and tie it up with some cellophane. Write or print out the drink “recipe” and attach it.
Every morning my “pick me up” involves one cup of black Dunkin Donuts coffee (or four…don’t judge) and one packet of Nestle’s Hot Chocolate…fat free of course because it makes it all better if it has that label of fat free right? Anyway, I LOVE this combo and yes it matters on the brand of coffee and the brand of hot chocolate. It will taste different if you use a substitute. I’m a perfectionist, what can I say. Speaking of perfection, as I was flipping through my new CB2 catalog, I ran across something that might just make my morning routine even better. Check it, it’s a mug with ITS OWN SPOON!
CB2, Spoon Coffee Mug