Yesterday I posted on coral nails, it’s like my new favorite color right now. And I love this bright coral with a really light aqua. What’s your favorite color or color combo right now?
I bought one of these shimmer bricks a while back in the Rose color and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for summer. Gives you a little sparkle on your cheeks and you can use it as an eye shadow too. It’s pretty subtle, so you could put on blush and then sweep this over it if you were headed out for the night.
Shimmer Bricks, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
It’s give the smoothest, weightless finish that I have ever had with any primer/foundation combo. A couple of drawbacks:
- The pot. I hate swiping my fingers in a pot, getting the dirty, etc.
- It’s so light, it needs reapplication if you have evening plans.
All of this considered it’s definitely worth the 11 dollar drugstore investment and is the perfect pair with Melis’ previous primer.
I sure do! That is, I believe in L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. I put this on before foundation (obviously, that’s what you do with primers after all) and it makes my skin feel like silk, or in the words of Ak, a baby’s behind. It evens out my skin tone and makes my pores look smaller. Its like a magic! Guess that’s where they got the name…
I have seen cream blush used on tons of make-over shows over the years, but I always shied away from buying any. Mainly because I was afraid I would look like a circus clown, or worse a creepy china doll , as I am pretty pale after Winter. Okay, if I’m being honest I’m pretty pale year round. But that’s another story. So, after much consideration, I finally broke down and tried Almay’s Smart Shade Blush. I absolutely LOVE it! I went with the neutral shade (again with the fear of looking like clowns or dolls) and it is the perfect everyday blush for me. It gives me enough color so I don’t look sickly, but also not too heavily made up for class or running errands. Maybe one day I will work up the nerve to try the pink shade….
I’m a loose face powder fan and have pretty much stuck with Neutrogena for a good long while. However they are discontinuing the specific kind that I use, so I went into Sephora the other day open to trying something new. I ended up purchasing the Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder and I gotta tell you, I’m definitely in love with this powder so far. It’s white, but don’t worry it doesn’t go on looking white. It goes on invisibly and it makes your skin feel like a newborn baby’s butt. Let me just repeat that….my face felt like a newborn’s butt. I swear. I put this powder on first thing in the morning with the rest of my makeup and my skin still felt the same way at 10p at night. AMAZING. I would definitely shell out the bucks on this one.
My skin has turned dry as the dickens since the birth of my son. So dry that I was having my own little snow storm of flakes coming off everyday. I have used the same face wash since I was 14 and it never ever gave me issue before. Having very sensitive skin (my dad’s a redhead), I am usually not one to venture out if it’s working. I had no choice but to look for an alternative so I could remove the flakiness that was driving me nuts. Loreal Paris’ Go 360 Clean, Deep Exfoliating Scrub works miracles on dry skin, doesn’t break me out and smells delish. It even claims to reduce your pore size. Jury is still out on the size of my pores, but my face is ultimately way more smooth. My husband has even adopted it and would kill me for telling you that.
I definitely wouldn’t mind any of these showing up in my stocking this year!!
- Pinwheel Hairpins, It’s Beaded Bliss Etsy Shop-I’ve been loving on hairpins lately and I’m loving on these turquoise ones.
- Ped Egg, Amazon-I’ve always wanted to try this thing!!
- Japanese Decoration Tape, Uncommon Goods-I think this would be super cute to have when you wrap something in just brown kraft paper.
- Leather Keyring, Exposures-I need a new key ring and what better than to carry around a pic of the kiddo.
- OPI Cuticle Oil to Go, Amazon-I always leave cuticle oil in my car so I can do a mini mani at a stop light. This would make things super easy.
- Round Pill Box, Target-I need a pill box to keep vitamins and tylenol in my purse.
- Shea Butter Lip Balm Stick, L ‘Occitane-my all time favorite lip balm.
- Oxo Good Grips Travel Mug, Amazon-the most amazing travel mug ever. Never leaks, ever. My husband generally fight over who uses this mug because we only have one.
It’s that time again! Christmas is sneaking up on us and we tipsy gals have been pretty damn good this year if I don’t say so myself. When I sent my letter to Santa, here is what was on it:
- Amazon, Modern Family Season 1- I can’t sing this show’s praises enough and I totally want to own this so I can re-watch it over and over.
- Nordstrom, Michael Kors Chronograph Watch- I haven’t owned an actual watch of value since I couldn’t tell you when. And I know there are much more pricey pieces available, but since I’ve been out of the game for a some time… I’ll start off easy.
- Express, Essential Stretch Military Shirt- I am a HUGE fan of the military trend and the stretch in this top would allow room for the ladies if ya know what I mean.
- Etsy, Finger Print Necklace- I would love to preserve and wear my new little man’s finger print around my neck daily. It’s such a unique keepsake that I would cherish forever.
- Amazon, Hobo International Metallic Lauren Wallet – I adore my hobo lauren wallet that I have, but it honestly has seen better days. I really like the metallic version for my upgrade.
- Amazon, Raspberry Converse- Since the purchase of my very first pair of converse, I am wanting to own every color of the rainbow and these are the perfect shade of pink.
- Kohls, Deni Digital Stainless Steel Steamer- Steamed veggies are where it’s at in my book, so I think this is right up my alley.
- Timi and Leslie, Baby Jane Bag- I LOVE my current diaper bag so much, but a gal can never have too many bags, right? I love the sleekness of this bag and I would totally rock this with or without my baby.
- Gap, Plaid Flannel Pajamas- I have always wanted a classic set of jammies to kick it in during the winter months.
- Amazon, Bare Escentuals Starter Kit- I have always wanted to give this stuff a go. I have never used any type of mineral make-up before, but those infomercials sure do sell me.