- What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Navigated the SAHM waters. We fell into a routine and I have really enjoyed it, though some days are very hard. I mean it’s hard work to entertain a 2 year old all day every day!
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I did make resolutions and I never had before. Resolutions I did keep: Had more date nights, saw more movies, organized, and read more. I definitely did all of those! Things I didn’t keep: walk every day–Texas just gets too crazy weather-wise..I don’t think an every day type of thing is feasible. The quilt…hmm it’s definitely been on my mind and I definitely have talked about it a lot and I have everything ready to go but I am skeered. I need someone to hold my hand while I get started. I am definitely going to make more resolutions for 2011 but probably not as many.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! Several babies were born in 2010! Der had a baby boy for one…and several other friends had babies as well.
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
None, booooo! I didn’t even get out of Texas this year!
- What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I would say vacation but I don’t think it’s going to happen. But something that we didn’t have in 2010 that we will have in 2011 is a new baby brother or sister for our little guy!
- What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June was my birthday and my hubby took off work and took me to the first showing of Twilight Eclipse because it came out that day and then we went and ate sushi. That was a pretty great day. September we found out we were going to have another little person in our house!
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Honestly I don’t think I stressed or worried as much as I did last year. Huge achievement, BIG! Go me!
- What was your biggest failure?
I would say I generally think things are harder to do than they really are. When in fact they are probably easier than I realize.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than my yearly tonsillitis that I get, I was barely sick this year at all–it was AMAZING!
- What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone. I was very reluctant to switch from my Blackberry but man oh man do I love this iPhone!
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have to say my hubby and my kiddo. My hubby for being such a hard worker and my kiddo just continues to amaze me with what he learns each and every day.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody really…After the year my hubby and I had in 2009, I don’t think anyone can really top the appalling and depressing bit anymore. It would take a lot honestly….
- Where did most of your money go?
Savings and Bills…BOOOORING!
- What did you get really excited about?
Finding out that we will have a new little bebe coming in 2011
- What song will always remind you of 2010?
I don’t think you could get away from California Gurls by Katy Perry if you tried. Or how bout Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now…good lord that was played a lot…and didn’t it come out in 2009? Ugh.
- Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c)richer or poorer?
a)happier b) fatter–I’m literally rounding out the end of this year preggers c)richer
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stepping on matchbox cars? That shit hurts when you are barefoot!
- How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with the hubs family eating tamales, rice, and beans. My kiddo got one of these from his grandpa and at one point a fence post was brought in during the assembly–don’t ask. Christmas day consisted of heading over to my moms after opening our gifts at home and having our traditional apricot bread and sausage casserole breakfast. Then we opened presents and played for a while before heading home for a nap and then going back to play and have dinner. (we obviously live very close to my parents house)
- Did you fall in love in 2010?
cliche but yes, I fall in love more and more with my little family we have going here.
- What was your favorite TV program?
The Good Wife. I’ve said this before but man, this was by far the best new show on tv this year.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was the best book you read?
At the end of last year I had just finished Twilight…so this year I finished out the saga and I have to say it was great entertainment. My reading declined severely with my kiddo’s sleep regressions and upped activity level (i.e. constant running nonstop from 6:30a on…) I honestly didn’t read as much as I wished I had this year, but I started off strong I think!
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m mainly a country music listener but I did love the hell out of Pink’s Funhouse album.
- What did you want and get?
I don’t think I really knew I wanted this, but I got my son saying “I wuv you mama” and man it just KILLS ME. Love it!
- What did you want and not get?
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven’t seen True Grit, The Fighter, Rabbit Hole or Black Swan yet, so I can’t say if those are my favorite yet. I’ll say Remember Me with Rob Pattinson was very haunting. Most anticipated this year were probably Toy Story 3 and Twilight Eclipse (I know I know). I know I was in the minority when I say that Eat Pray Love was disappointing. Oh, The Town was really good!
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 this year and though I don’t feel old, man that number sounds old. My hubby took off work and we went to the first showing of Twilight Eclipse because it came out on my birthday and then we went and ate sushi for lunch!
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More quality time with my husband.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
um casual? ha! Staying home I definitely lounged out when we had no place to go but when we did, it was mainly jeans. No sequins for me this year!
- What kept you sane?
My husband, hands down. He knows when I’m heading into a downward spiral and he knows that we need to talk about whatever is making me crazy until I go blue in the face…because that’s how I roll.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
Not a politics person.
- Who did you miss?
I gotta say my girls…while we did do lunches and dinners here and there it was definitely hard to get all four of us at the same place at the same time. We just have to keep trying!
- Who was the best new person you met?
Though we haven’t met in person, Danielle from elleinadspir.com definitely the best new person I met this year!
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
“Good things happen when you most need them to” combined with “Things can only go up from here”.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“The Best is Yet To Come” –Frank Sinatra
As my own little addition to this survey I thought I’d directly steal Whoorl’s idea of including a year in iPhone pics. It just really brings to light when you have a little one, how much they grow in the blink of an eye. It also brought back some good times throughout the year with friends. I hope you enjoy my grainy unprofessional iPhone pics from 2010!