We’re going a little “light” on posts this week, but thought it would be fun to revisit the New Years Surveys we filled out last year and see how our lives have changed since 2009, and boy have they!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Kind of…my resolution was to exercise regularly, at least 3 times/week, and I did do that up until I got knocked up…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Boy did they! I had 3 fab friends give birth within 3 days of each other, one of those being Der of course!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Zippo….stayed in the USA baby!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
I honestly didn’t have any life changing events happen in 2010, and I’m MORE than ok with it!
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Getting my entire house organized! I had a goal, and I think I’ve FINALLY achieved it…
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ummmmm….breaking the side mirror on my car??? (for the second time!)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing catastrophic, thankfully!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new truck for my husband…yeah I know…I’m a fabulous wife…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not too many celebrations this year….other than celebrating with Der and her fab little bambino!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular, but it’s always disappointing when you see a long time friends true colors…
14. Where did most your money go?
Bills, bills, bills…a small vaca…and more bills!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out I was going to have a baby!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“The Breath you Take” by George Strait. King George did it again…created another memorable song that I can’t get enough of.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier…hard to say…I’m elated with life right now, but I’m pretty sure I was in 2009 as well.
Thinner, no…Actually about 25 pounds heavier and it’s only going up!
Richer….ehhhh, who needs $$$!?!?!?!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent the entire long weekend with my peeps in Gatesville, Tx. We ate, we laughed, and we hung out with great friends and family!
21. Did you fall in love with 2010?
Yes, (caution, this is mushy) I love my baby more than I can imagine and can’t wait to meet him or her in 2011!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope…I sure don’t!
24. What was the best book you read?
“The Symbol” by Dan Brown
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
It was my “rediscovery” of O.A.R…LOVE them!
26. What did you want and get?
A digital SLR camera
27. What did you want and not get?
New counter tops for my kitchen…maybe in 2011…(haha…this was my same answer for 2009)
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Honestly didn’t do a whole lot of movie watching….I’ve been EXTREMELY busy…
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 in 2010 and spent the day shopping with my Tipsy girls in Round Top, TX.! (Same as last year!)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I’m not sure…probably more time at home and less time traveling (around the state for various functions, not vacation). When I think back over 2010, I’m completely exhausted at how many functions we had to attend this year! (This is also the same as my 2009 answer…so when are we going to sart slowing down!?!?!?!?!)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Well, of course in the beginning it was JCrew, but has slowly creeped up to the maternity version…I would say that in 2010, I just wanted my clothes to fit!
32. What kept you sane?
My family…they have been there with me through a LOT this year.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Again, I avoid voicing political opinions.
34. Who did you miss?
My sister honestly, she lives 6 hours away and that’s just too far…
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Can I say nobody extraordinary came into my life in 2010…?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
That all things really DO happen for a reason.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Love like crazy” — Lee Brice