1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Snorkeled with sharks (nurse sharks) and threw a surprise party (success)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any new year’s resolutions last year and I will probably only make one for this year: EXERCISE regularly (at least 3 times/week)!!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No babies this year, but we did celebrate a lot of 1 year birthdays!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Central America: Belize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn’t have in 2009?
More time to do things that I want to do, rather than have to do.
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
September 26, 2009: my beautiful little sister got married!
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I changed jobs and am actually working in the field that I spent MANY years studying in college. I love my job and the people I work with!
I’m also really proud of this Blog!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping everything in my life organized.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing catastrophic, but I have been sick more this year than I have ever been in past years.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A front load washer/dryer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband’s! He turned 30 a few weeks ago and completely deserved the surprise party that was thrown for him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular, but it’s always disappointing when you see a long time friends true colors…
14. Where did most your money go?
Bills, bills, bills…other than that, vacation!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Belize and my 2nd anniversary celebration in Chicago!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Love Story” by Taylor Swift. I don’t know why, but it automatically popped in my head when I read this question.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Thinner, no…I’m still the same.
Richer, I don’t really like that word, but I would say “more comfortable financially.”
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve we traveled from my hometown, Gatesville, TX, to my husband’s hometown, Gordon, TX. After it took us nearly 3 hours to drive the normal 1.5 hour trip in blizzard-like conditions we finally made it and were able to open presents and get things set up for Christmas morning for our nephews. Christmas Day was beautiful and white….we had a low-key days with food and family. Then on Saturday we traveled back to Gatesville to celebrate Christmas with my parents and sister…it was a great holiday, but with a lot of driving!
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
Yes, I keep falling in love with my hubby everyday…corny, but true…
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope…I sure don’t!
24. What was the best book you read?
“A Million Little Pieces” by James Frey: I know I’m a few years late on reading this, but it truly was an awesome book.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That George Strait is still the king!
26. What did you want and get?
A new entertainment center for our living room…hubby came through with flying colors for my birthday!
27. What did you want and not get?
New countertops for my kitchen…maybe in 2010…
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
All I can think of are ones I recently saw: Julie and Julia, The Hangover, I Love You Man, Marley and Me.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 in 2009 and spent the day shopping with my Tipsy girls in Round Top, TX.!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I’m not sure…probably more time at home and less time traveling (around the state for various functions, not vacation). When I think back over 2009, I’m completely exhausted at how many functions we had to attend this year!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
My fashion concept consisted of one store: JCrew!
32. What kept you sane?
My friends. It was always a breath of fresh air when we could get together and just relax.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I like to stay out of posting on political issues. However, I will say that the recent firing of Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach has made me incredibly angry!!!
34. Who did you miss?
My PawPaw…he always kept us all sane..
35. Who was the best new person you met?
My new co-workers: Erica and Tara…is that sad that I think those are the only real “new” people I’ve met in 2009?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I learned that life’s too short to worry or get caught up in petty issues. If you look at the positive side of things, you’re likely to have a happier, healthier, life.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“It Happens” — Sugarland