Hello blogworld. It’s been a while and I apologize for that. It’s been an interesting, super duper busy, crazy, fabulous year and I think I need to get back on the Tipsy track so all y’all can know about it! And I’m going to start with my New Year’s survey!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I went back to school. Which sucked and was awesome at the same time. Sucked bc it was school and juggling that with a baby… but was awesome feeling to know I could get back in the swing of those things again and actually pass:)
I also started my own photography biz. It’s really taken off and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. It’s really awesome to be doing something that you love and getting paid for it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t have anything really specific last year. Going to school was a big one and I did that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So so many peeps: AK, Sarah… many, many friends. 2011 was a year of babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully we were able to skip out on any deaths this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Um, none. Same answer as last year. We didn’t do any traveling really at all this year, but I certainly hope to change that and take AJ on his first real family vacay in 2012!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
I’m venturing to say maybe pregnancy #2….still reeling the hubs in on that one though:)
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
October 7th… my baby turned one. I’m so in love with him and with being a mother. I never knew something could feel so right, but it does.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Putting myself out there with the photog biz. It was a really big step for me to think that someone would actually want to pay me to take their photo. I’m starting to think maybe all my friends and fam weren’t crazy when they pushed me to do this.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I would have to say letting stress get to me. I think sometimes I need to focus more on the big picture and not on the small things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I didnt have too many illnesses or issues, but poor baby AJ was an ear infected fool for a few months there.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iphone 4 upgrade. I couldn’t live without it. My new camera equipment.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband… he has his moments of bitchiness of course, but he works so so hard for our family and provides us with everything we want and need. I know I am so very lucky to have someone who cares about my happiness the way he does.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
High road once again.
14. Where did most your money go?
Holy crap, totally baby. And all his crap.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing AJ pass all his milestones: sitting, walking, talking… he’s grown to have the most amazing personality and he just gets cuter by the minute.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Eli Young Band “Crazy Girl”… my hubs is a die hard fan and he also plays guitar. I prob heard his rendition of this song 87,001 times.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Infinitely Happier….I’m doing something I love, have a wonderful family
Thinner.. .Finally kicked all that pesky baby weight and then some… somehow things still don’t look the same, but I’ll take it:)
A Little Richer… Hubs got a well deserved promo, my biz is taking off… I’m pretty proud to say I think we are doing ok!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken more photos of AJ as a tiny baby. I miss that little lump and I didn’t go total picture crazy until he was maybe 6 months old
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Saying NO. I feel like that’s AJ’s new name. But I think that just comes with the mischievous boy territory.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family at several different houses. The hubs even surprised me and AJ by getting off early on Christmas Eve to show up at the family celebration for my side of the family.
21. Did you fall in love with 2011?
Oh my goodness. Yes. I love my family and it was a great year with the 3 of us.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, Private Practice and dont laugh… Teen Mom.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone. Ever. I just don’t really “get” some people, but I would never say hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Psssh, read. Nope. None.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I always like a good country song and a few of those new ones got me.
26. What did you want and get?
To stay home with my son, to start a business
27. What did you want and not get?
Nada. I’m pretty content.
28. What was your favorite film of 2011?
I am so behind on movies. SO BEHIND. I promise to catch up in 2012.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and I went out out for the first time post baby. It was a really good time.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less sweating the small stuff. Otherwise it was a pretty stellar year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Casual. I lived in rolled jeans and fitted tees, flops and flats and tiny jewelry unable to be ripped off by an infant. It’s really interesting to see how much motherhood really has changed my style. I’m much more casual and sporty than I used to be. It’s about comfort and function people… ok, and it has to be cute too:)
32. What kept you sane?
My husband. My mom. Daily phone convos and IM chats with my best gals. Sometimes you just need to vent.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t do politics.
34. Who did you miss?
I think maybe a little bit of adult interaction. I love being at home with my son, but a little adult convo is much appreciated.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
All these babies. I love babies.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Sometimes life takes you in directions you never imagined. And that’s a good thing.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Your little hand’s wrapped around my finger
And it’s so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you’re dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything’s funny, you got nothing to regret
I’d give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that”