Soooooo….like Der, I have been, obviously, HORRIBLE about posting since my little guy arrived, but all that is about to change. I have 10 months of ideas in my head, so hears what has been going on!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Well, had a baby was the biggest thing and most profound…it actually pretty much trumps everything else!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t THINK I made any resolutions last year, but I do have a couple for this year I’ll post later.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
For the second straight year, it was the year of babies!!! Me, AK, and several other best buddies!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Nil, vaca’s were at a minimum, but we did manage to take C on his first beach trip!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
A new house…we’re in the process of getting our current one on the market…so a new house would mean ours actually sold!
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
March 3…my baby boy came into my life and made our family infinitely better! 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Having my son AND keeping him alive…it is funny that what they actually say is true, taking care of a baby somehow comes natural.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m not sure I “failed” at anything…
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Shark steam mop…LOVE IT!!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mother…she has been a HUGE help w/ the baby. I know I could have done it without her, but I’m soooo thankful that I didn’t have to!!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular…was too busy to notice…
14. Where did most your money go?
My boy…man, kiddos are PRICEY!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out we had a baby boy after waiting 9 LONG months!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“F*&$ You” by CeeLo Green…for no reason other than I LOVE that song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier…Babies make everyone happier!
Thinner, YES…baby weight be gone!
Richer….ehhhh, who needs $$$!?!?!?! (This stayed the same as 2011)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent a hectic weekend with my family in Gatesville, TX (Christmas Eve) and Gordon, TX (Christmas Day)…
21. Did you fall in love with 2011?
YES!!! I will NEVER forget seeing my baby for the first time!!!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Real Housewives of Orange County, Bev Hills, New York, New Jersey…I know…
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope…I sure don’t!
24. What was the best book you read?
“Decision Points” by George W Bush
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
??? I didn’t have one I don’t guess…
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby boy
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing…I was really blessed in 2011
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Hmmm…I’ll get back to you…
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 in 2011 and spent the day with my 4-week old baby!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my hubby was home more…
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Cheap and casual…anything I can throw on in 30 sec or less!
32. What kept you sane?
My friends and family…and google chat!
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Again, I avoid voicing political opinions.
34. Who did you miss?
My sister honestly, she lives 6 hours away and that’s just too far…(This is the same as 2011…I REALLY miss her!)
35. Who was the best new person you met?
My son…Charles Leland!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
That everything my parents ever told me about having children is 100% true, and I never imagined you could love another human as much as I love my son. (Mushy, I know…) 🙂
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Life’s not the breath you take, the breathing in and out, that gets you through the day, ain’t what it’s all about. You just might miss the point, trying to win the race. Life’s not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away…” — George Strait