Well hello there strangers! I’m so glad to be back, so so so glad. Let me get right down to it and review 2012 since I fell off the blogosphere for the entire year.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Become the mother of a GIRL, a beautiful bouncing baby girl!!!
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?me, Id say thats close:)
3. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
4. What countries did you visit? None, but we did squeeze in a trip to Florida where we took AJ (my now 2 yr old boy) to see the ocean for his very first time. That was such an amazing thing.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? More time with my husband.. he works a lot and I miss him. So do our kiddos. Sappy, but true.
6. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 7th. My little girl made her surprising debut a few weeks early. I went in for a regular OB appointment and came out a few days later with a sweet little girl.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to juggle two kiddos. I’m still learning, but I think I’m doing pretty well. Not one single meltdown so far. Im talking about me. My 2 year old has a lot of meltdowns:)
8. What was your biggest failure? I would say losing my temper with my crazed two year old. I love him more than words can express, but I swear he already knows exactly what buttons to push to push me to the brink of my sanity.
9.Did you suffer illness or injury? my daughter came down with a rather scary bout with RSV at 5 weeks old, but thankfully that’s the extent of our major illnesses this year.
10. What was the best thing you bought? My new car. The kids and I were rolling like a clown car for a few months post baby #2 but now we have room for days thanks to our new SUV.
11.Whose behavior merited celebration? I would have to say…now bare with me … my son’s. I fully expected him to have a very hard time with the new baby in the house, but he is so protective of her and loves to just look at her and talk to her. Just melts my heart to the core. He really is a great big brother.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? You know I think this person shall remain nameless.
13. What did you get really excited about? Yall, I had a GIRL. Ruffles and bows and rompers and dresses… a GIRL!!
What song will always remind you of 2012? I think the theme song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My son sings and dances to it and my lord is it the cutest thing ever.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder? happier b)thinner or fatter? fatter c)richer or poorer? richer
15. What do you wish you’d done more of? exercise while I was preggers…Im paying for it now.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry…everything always works out how its supposed to, right?
17. How did you spend Christmas? With the whole fam. My husband often has to work holidays at the fire station, but this year he was all ours for several days!
18. Did you fall in love in 2012? Oh my did I. With my gorgeous daughter, with my son seeing him be such a great brother and growing into such a smart little boy, and with my husband…something about seeing him hold our babies just does me in.
19. What was your favorite TV program? Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother… and don’t judge me, Teen Mom.
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. Hate is such a strong word.
21. What was the best book you read? Um, does Go Dog Go count??
22. What was your greatest musical discovery?Nashville… dude I know that’s a show, but it has to do with music and Im HOOKED.
23. What did you want and get? a healthy daughter, a new car
24. What did you want and not get? Nothing really comes to mind that matters.
25. What was your favorite film of this year? I don’t get to see many movies. Im doing good just to keep up with TV.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned a ripe old 28 and I went shopping with some of my tipsy gals and sister.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More down time with the family. I think we go go go all the time and look up and a month is gone. Sometimes we need to slow it on down.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? I feel like most of my jeans of 2012 had holes in them. The on purpose kind. So Im going to say torn up jeans and flip flops. The yoga mat flip flops are my very very best friend.
29. What kept you sane? my mom. She helps me so much with the kids and USUALLY doesnt complain:)
30. Who was the best new person you met? Kenley Kathryn, my sweet little girl
31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Sometimes people aren’t meant to stay in your life forever. And it’s not a bad thing.
32. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I recently heard an older song by Brad Paisley and it reminds me so much of our little boy right now.
He’ll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin’ something in a cast
He’s gonna throw a ball and break some glass
In a window down the street
He’s gonna get in trouble, oh, he’s gonna get in fights
I’m gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It’s safe to say that I’m gonna get my payback
If he’s anything like me