Y’all you can STILL make this happen if you are like me and have yet to wrap Christmas gifts. This is too cool…photo wrapping paper and it seems super simple, especially if you have smaller gifts…. Go check out the how-to on photojojo.com.
I do not know what it is about bracelets this year, but I can’t get enough of them! Here are a few I wouldn’t mind finding under the tree with my name on it:
Buying gifts for men, in my opinion, is the absolute WORST! In fact, I currently have all of my Christmas shopping done, with the exception of my Dad’s gift. I mean…WHATDOYOUGETHIM???
Here are a few options that might be good:
- Boot bag; Equine Now
- Leather duffle bag; Kenneth Cole
- Microbrew beer of the month club
- Personalized golf balls; CustomizedGolfBalls.com
- Stainless steel grill tools; Williams and Sonoma
I am determined to complete, by the end of this month, stockings for everyone in the family so that when Christmas decorations come out, everyone in the family has a stocking. I’m not a master on the sewing machine but I can do some basics. So my plan is to do the stocking itself out of felt. I am going to do names out of material and iron them on via this tutorial on Sir Bubbadoo. And then I saw in my Sundance catalog, this stocking that has a pocket for your letter to Santa! So I think it’s all coming together in my mind. I’ll post an update of the completed stockings if they don’t look like total ass.
photo courtesy of sundancecatalog.com
My oldest son will be 3 in October and his current obsession is Cars 2. He knows what country the racers are from, what their numbers are, where the 3 races in the World Grand Prix take place, etc etc. So, we play with cars every. single. day. Keeping that in mind I’ve been trying to come up something for his birthday. I’ve got 3 different things in mind that are potential winners.
- Park & Play Service Garage (CP Toys)- works with die-cast cars, has multiple ramps for driving or crashing vehicles (omg), has a working elevator (omg omg), and a car wash (omg omg omg)!!
- Disney Pixar Cars 2 Charge Ups Track Set (Target)- you charge up cars and then they race around the track on their own
- Quercetti Super Marble Run Vortis (Amazon)- or a marble run of some sort. The kiddo got to play with one of these in real life and dude was busy for a WHILE.
So tell me other moms of car obsessed children, what do I need?
We’ve always been huge Mo Willems fans around here with our first love being the Pigeon series. And the Knuffle Bunny has become the newest favorite series around here for bedtime stories. This series follows Trixie and her stuffed bunny and has the same type of humor that Mo Willems is famous for.
By the way, these would be a great gift for a little one. I love when we get books as gifts!!
For those of you who missed it, my beautiful sister Der recently had a birthday. I wanted to get her something very meaningful for her gift this year instead of just another cute clothing item, although we all know how she loves those :). During my quest I came across the Crazy4Handstamping etsy shop. They have soooo many cute items you can personalize, and all of them are very reasonably priced. I went with #1, and it was a huge hit, perfect gift for a new mom! Here are just a few of the options at this shop, they pretty much have something for whatever occasion you are shopping for, or even if you just want one for yourself 🙂
- Name and Date Tag- Handstamped Sterling
- Name and Date Tag w/ Birthstone Dangle
- I Love You to the Moon Handstamped
- Confirmation Baptism Special Occasion Handstamped Sterling Silver Necklace
- The Wedding Locket w/Something Blue
- New Baby- Handstamped Sterling Silver Necklace
- The Runner’s Charm-Sterling Silver Necklace
In the very near future I will be taking a trip across Europe as one last hurrah before I end my career as a professional student and get a real job. I have been on the hunt for a cute, stylish way to carry my travel documents, most importantly my passport, on all my adventures. These are just a few of the incredibly cute options I have come across…
- Fabric Travel Clutch
- Travel Passport Wallet This is the one I ended up going with. LOVE IT!
- Passport Wallet Cover
- Passport Cover
- Passport Cover I had to throw this one in for a certain crazy cat lady that I know…
- Passport Cover
P.S. One of these would make a great graduation gift for high school or college grads if anyone needs an idea 🙂
You may have already read Maddie James’ story via Whoorl’s blog. Or, this may be the first time. Sarah at Whoorl has always been a huge supporter of Tipsy and we wanted to try in some small way to support her and her family in this great time of need. Please take a few moments today and read about Maddie’s heartbreaking diagnosis and give in any way you can, whether that is with a prayer, kind words, passing her story along via your own blog/facebook/twitter or a donation to The Maddie James Foundation.