I was blessed with a husband that LOVES to cook. Which works out perfectly for me because I really only ENJOY doing party food….you know Guac, Appetizers, Texas Caviar, any Desserts… Our cookbook collection varies quite a bit because he loves to cook all sorts of stuff and I like to cook pretty specific stuff. These are our go-to cookbooks:
- La Pinata, Junior League of McAllen, TX–I know this cookbook seems kinda far fetched to order and stuff but it was handed down through my family. It’s got a ton of good recipes–The Never Fail Biscuits OMG are so good I could make myself sick, King Ranch Casserole, Chicken Tetrazzini, and the list goes on…
- The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook (Paula Deen), Amazon–You can’t go wrong with the Gooey Butter Cakes and my husband likes The Lady’s Chicken Noodle Soup
- Finger Food, Amazon–The perfect party cookbook! The pizza pinwheels on the cover are GOOD and there are a ton more things in here that are perfect hor d’oerves.
- Sangrias & Pitcher Drinks, Amazon–I’ve used the Strawberry Basil Lemonade recipe for partys/showers and it’s a HIT.
- Mexican Everyday (Rick Bayless), Amazon–My husband made the Pork Tinga and it was UHmazing…and I love love love the Guacamole 2 Ways–could sit and eat that with chips for dinner.
- CrockPot, Amazon–There is a Chipolte Chicken recipe in here that has been on our weekly lineup for a LONG TIME. It’s yummy!
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Amazon–EVERYTHING
- Mexico The Beautiful Cookbook, Amazon–Mexico City Enchiladas and the Avocado Salad Dressing are TO DIE FOR!