I realized that I didn’t even do this last year 🙂 Must have been swamped! Here goes…..
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Hung off the side of the Stratosphere in Vegas.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes and no. There was nothing official. I will for sure make more this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my very best friend Der has a handsome baby boy. Couldn’t be more excited for them.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, kept it local.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
Hard one, I am very happy with my life. Possibly no car payment.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Ben and I moved in together after dating for a few years. That was very special. Aus made honor roll more times that I can remember. All of those days were very special to me. Aus had a great season in soccer and showed his drive and ambition at each game. I was so proud.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Leaving a job that I had been at for a very, very long time. Moving into a role and company that was unknown, but ultimately allowed me to be happier and be treated with respect.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm, I know I didn’t fail, but learning lessons of trying to be a great mom.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I actually just recently punctured myself wrapping presents. Trip to ER, Tetanus Shot and 5 Stiches.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hard one. iPhone? But it was bought for me.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ben’s. He is so patient and loving. I also have some great friends that I absolutely love to laugh with.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Meh, nobody really. I have some great people in my life and those that weren’t aren’t in it anymore.
14. Where did most your money go?
Bills, standard response.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sideline, Soccer Momming at Austin’s games. I had the time of my life watching him play.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
This is hard, cause we’ve been to so many concerts. I love Pheonix’s Love Like a Sunset. I think that can pretty much sum it all up.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b) MEH, about the same–still working on that one
c) Richer, not just money-wise.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing, getting massages. HAHAHA.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At different family’s house, including mine. Pretty low key, but busy busy! Aus is so much fun at this age.
21. Did you fall in love with 2010?
Absolutely. Love Ben, Aus, my babies.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Simpsons, The Office.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, definitely not. I’m a lover, not a fighter.
24. What was the best book you read?
Hard Hard. I know its bad, but I really think it was the Twilight Series for me. I’ve never been more into a book.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The XX. I am absolutely obsessed. Got to see them as ACL this year and probably listen to their album 4-5 times a week.
26. What did you want and get?
Great son and boyfriend and 4 cats. Love that I have a little unit that I adore. No present can compare to that.
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing, thankful for everything in my life. Accept for maybe another cat 🙂
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
I thought the Social Network and Inception were great. I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid was my fav flick to go see with Aus.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Vegas Baby. I was 30, my Mom turned 60. Ben and my family had a blast. It was Ben and my first time there.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less stress of the little things. Who ever said don’t sweat the small stuff is so true.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Sporty Spice! Casual sneakers and tees with some cute earrings.
32. What kept you sane?
Ben, my kittahs and concerts. I have to give most of the cred to Ben though. He’s my rock.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm, it didn’t stir me per say, but seeing the first African American president in office has been great.
34. Who did you miss?
Aus when he had to spend extended visits at his dad’s.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of great new co-workers in 2010.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Laugh A LOT more!
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am yours now
So now I don’t ever have to leave
I’ve been found out
So now I’ll never explore