I’m going to highlight some winter/holiday inspired drinks every Wednesday for Hump Day Happy Hour. This week a sangria found via pinterest from I’ll Have What She’s Having. In true Hump Day Happy Hour style, this looks super easy to whip together…go check out the recipe!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE finding cute stuff to incorporate into a party or shower. It makes me happy. So some of these finds have made me giddily happy.
- premixed cocktails in mason jars I’ve done jugs of margs before but man oh man what a great idea to just have individual servings, as easy as popping open a beer for your guest!!
- trio beverage dispenser
- mini tequila shots & tacos
- cool & easy party favors
- pre-scooped ice cream I could not love this idea for a kid’s party more
Just the right about of raspberry and perfect amount of bubbly tang. Der loved it as well, we both snagged a bottle. Would definitely recommend for a crisp change of pace.
March Madness began last week. For those of you who don’t know, it is the huge NCAA college basketball tournament. I happened to be in Las Vegas when it began, and let me tell you, those people were definitely on something. Was it crack, or just a shit ton of alcohol, we will never know. What I do know is that it was crazy. Now, I am not a big basketball fan, but this year Houston is the lucky host of the Final Four so I thought I should celebrate that with a cocktail (even though my team lost in the first round…).
1 oz Peach Schnapps
1 oz Triple Sec
1 1/2 oz Vodka
4 oz Monster Energy Drink
3 oz Orange Gatorade
Mix it all together and serve in a highball glass.
* The recipe actually calls for Amp energy drink but I personally think it is disgusting so I changed it to Monster. If you are anti-energy drink, I imagine this drink would taste good without that ingredient, although you may want to add some soda so its not too strong…
recipe courtesy of drinknation.com
It ain’t green, but this little sucker will sting going down!
Pour over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
Enjoy and be safe. HAPPY ST. PATTY’S TO ALL OUR READERS!
I have yet to try this drink, but I thought I would share it with y’all since it shares my name 🙂 Doesn’t it sound like it should involve a lounge chair, a pool, and the sun… and maybe even a paper umbrella? I can foresee all of these things in my future…
- 1 1/2 oz. Rum, coconut
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka, vanilla
- 1 splash Cranberry Juice
- 1 part Orange Juice
- 1 part Pineapple Juice
- 1 wedge Lime
Add rum and vodka to a hurricane glass full of ice. Fill with desired amount of pineapple and orange juice, topping with a splash of cranberry. Squeeze a lime wedge over it and then drop it in. Enjoy!
recipe courtesy of drinknation.com
I sure as hell have the fever right now. This drink is absolutely perfect. This is supposed to be a mocktail, but I’ve spiced it up a bit, Tipsy style.
- 3/4 oz RealLemon lemon juice
- 3/4 oz Torani mango syrup
- 1 1/2 oz Mott’s apple juice
- 2 oz Volcano “blood” orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz Absolut vodka
Add into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well, strain into Collins glassed half filled with ice. Enjoy and bring on the heat!
Lolita glasses are probably the coolest thing since sliced bread. I started receiving the martini glasses as gifts awhile back, and once I was introduced to the rest of the Lolita line, I have have given them as gifts myself! They make great hostess gifts, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, engagement gifts…the list goes on, and on, and on…oh yeah, and each Lolita glass comes with a cool cocktail recipe written on the bottom, how cool is that?
- Wicked Witch the 3rd
- Dirty Martini
- Wedding Champagne Set: (I gave these to Der and her hubby when they got engaged…aren’t they cute!?!?!)
- Beer Belly Pilsner Glass: (I think I need to start buying these pilsner glasses for my house!)
- 5 o’clock Somewhere Shot Glass: (These are great little gifts for guys. Who doesn’t love a shot glass?)
Nothing is more important in this world than all these baby mammas. Either you have one, know one, or are one yourself. Its that time again and I’ve rounded up a few things that I think would be too cool to honor them for all they are: BADASS.
- Personalized Mom M&Ms – my boyfriend Ben did this for his dad’s 60th birthday and ever since then, I just think it is the neatest thing–especially for a mom. Chocolate + personalized for mom’s day= eaten.
- Locket on Etsy – when in time did I decide that lockets weren’t cool anymore??? As far as I’m concerned, as locket with your baby’s pic inside is one of the most touching things. And your mom is sure to look retro wearing it.
- House Slippers on Etsy– any time Mommy says got get her slippers, she means it. These really command attention.
- Jewelry Box – every girl, every mom needs one or ANOTHER one of these. But it has to be beautifulness !
- Zale’s Stackable Birthstone Bands – how cute would it be to get mom a band for one or all of her kids? I loooove this. Mostly for myself. One for mom, one for me 🙂 Also, women love jewels.
- Mamma’s Marg Glass – a happy Mom = happy house. ‘nough said.
- Mothers day wine glasses on Etsy – these are hand painted and just plane creative. A little piece of change to spend, but I think every mom I know out there is worth it.
It’s happy hour and you know what sucks the big one… I can’t partake! Well, damnation, I’m not gonna let a little bun in the oven keep me from sipping on a relaxing cocktail or shall I say MOCKtail… wwwhahahahaha. I think I’ll start it off right with a Mock Mojito.
4 or 5 springs of fresh mint
1 oz. simple syrup
6 to 8 oz. soda water
Garnish with some lime wedges and mint sprigs to make yourself feel all fancy!