I’m in the midst of a complete closet overhaul. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of and I also have a lot of things I want to reorganize. I’ve been searching pinterest and googling tips and organization tools to get my closet all spiffed up. One of the ideas I ran across was to use a regular old bath robe or bath towel hook for your belts. So I headed to my neighborhood Target and instead of getting the regular bath/towel hook I had planned on, I ran across these and thought it might be even better. So far so good! There were different sizes that will hold different weights. If you decide to go this route you might want to take into account that you can’t hang a tiny belt on the wide hook, so you might want to get different sizes for different belts, but man otherwise, this is getting my organizational juices going!
I’m sure by now y’all are all aware that we are Instagram users and abusers. Yep, I plaster photos of my kiddo all up in random people’s faces all day long with that super fantastic Iphone app (derberto if you are looking for me). Did you know you can also use Keepsy to create a photobook of your Instagram pics? WHA-WHA!
We had a great Christmas! My husband and I think this year has been the best so far in terms of celebrating with our son. He got excited to hand out gifts and open gifts and play with everything. It was super fun. Here are a few things I got for Christmas this year:
- Jewelry Cleaner, Brookstone-If you’ve ever thought about getting one of these things, do it! Do it now! All you do is add water and it uses sound waves to clean everything. I immediately did my wedding ring and watch and embarrassed at the amount of gunk that came off both of them. And I THOUGHT I kept them clean. This also does eyeglasses, which I haven’t done yet but am psyched to do.
- Jackie cardigan, J.Crew-I love these cardigans and buy them at the outlet store or ask for them as gifts. I’m a cardigan addict. I received navy and cerise for Christmas.
- iPhone Case, Kate Spade-I was in need of a new case and received one like this and it’s right up my alley what with all the colors!!
- Apple gift card, Apple-In combination with my husband we received enough apple gift cards to purchase an iPad. However after a twitter questionnaire we’ve decided to wait on the next version to come out before we buy it. I think that’s in April. I think.
- iSi Flexible Mixing Bowls, Amazon-A month or so ago, in an effort to do something in the kitchen, I gave my son a couple of mixing bowls and a wooden spoon to occupy him. That turned into me needing new bowls. I don’t think these will break.
The best gift of all might be what Santa brought my son. He loves it more than anything and it gives his parents a chance to sit and chill for a few minutes. Little Star Bouncer, Walmart
The Holidays this year could not have been better…ok, I could have done without the chilling cold and the torrential downpours, but other than that, it was a great low-key, and relaxing time!
I also must have been VERY good this year because Santa was VERY nice to me. Check out some of the loot:
You know who you are, those people that wait until the last possible second to buy gifts for all your peeps. I’ve never been this person, but I would imagine if I was, that it would be easiest to buy everything from one store…you know, one stop shop, and my shop of choice: Target!
So I gave y’all some ideas for Girly Stocking Stuffers yesterday. Here’s my version of the dude edition.
- Lotto Tickets-What man would not get excited about the possibility of winning a ton of money?!
- iPod Shuffle, Apple-These are only $49!
- Hanes Crew Socks, Amazon-Men are always losing socks. They will always need more.
- J&D’s Bacon Salt, Amazon-I love the tagline on this… “Everything should taste like bacon”.
- iTunes Gift Card, Amazon-Music! Books! Whichever!
- Penguin Mints, Think Geek-Caffeinated mints for those late night work crunches.
- Magwear Magnetic Wristband, Uncommon Goods-I gave these a few years ago and they were a huge hit!
I think the rule should be…if you’re carrying a baby around in your stomach, you should get everything on your list…right!?!?!?!
- Target, Simply Shabby Chic® Blue Linen Duvet Set: My house if over run with red…including my 2 guest rooms…I think this would tone down my fave color and add a lot of warmth.
- Best Buy, Nikon D3100: You know, to take fabulous pics of my sure-to-be adorable bambino(a).
- Anthropologie, Beaded Swag Bib Necklace: I don’t think I have any yellow jewelry!
- Amazon, Fiesta Oval Serving Bowl: I learned from my girl AK, you can never have too many serving pieces!
- Amazon, Fiesta Utensil Crock: You know, to also break up the oh so much red in my house…
- Endless.com, Tamarac Pile-lined Moccasin: These are for my soon to come swollen ankles…
- The Container Store, Double Acrylic Shelves: I would actually use this as a small end table in my nursery…so it’s not “technically” for me.
- Sur la Table, Cuisinart Mini Food Processor: I’m actually considering making my own baby food and I hear a food processor is a must…so again, “technically” not for me.
I had sort of a hard time thinking about what I would want for Christmas this year….insane right? Last year I went to town on a dream list and this year I could barely come up with a realistic list!! What’s wrong with me!! So here’s my short list of goodies I’d love, I’ve left off boring things like new towels, a new duvet cover and a new set of drinking glasses…I didn’t want you to fall asleep while browsing!
- Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner, Brookstone-My mom has one similar to this and it gets the job done. Kind of a set it and forget it kind of jewelry cleaner.
- Present Day Pearl Hoops, Sundance-These are fantastic and would be a great go with everything type of earring.
- Jackie Cardigan, J.Crew-I love this cardigan and have it in a few colors thanks to the outlet near my house. I could sure use it in cerise, navy or dried parsley.
- Travel Envelope, Abas Accessories-I end up having a ton of paper stuff free flowing in my purse and I’d love a leather envelope to keep it in. This would fit the bill!
- Michele Silicon Watch Strap, Nordstrom-I have a Michele watch and would LOVE a silicon band…any color would do but this green sure is fun!
- Iced Blueberry Ring, Lolo’s Rings-I have a ring from this story and have been eyeing this one ever since.
- PixelSkin for iPhone, Speck-I need a new case and I’m loving this green one.
Are you stumped on gift buying for anyone? I’ve gathered up some items that I think might work or at least point you in the right direction.
- Voile Spaghetti Measure, Moma Store
- Jubilee Hoops, Sundance
- Ugg Scuff, Zappos
- Multicolor Ceramic Mixing Bowl Set, Williams-Sonoma
- Bose Noise Canceling Headphones, Amazon
- The Pajamas Warming Pouch, Hammacher Schlemmer
- The In Your Own Voice Storyteller, Hammacher Schlemmer
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine, Amazon
- Pearls in the Stream Bracelet, Sundance
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD, Amazon
- Mad Men Season 1 DVD, Amazon
- Toy Story 3 DVD, Amazon
It’s that time again! Christmas is sneaking up on us and we tipsy gals have been pretty damn good this year if I don’t say so myself. When I sent my letter to Santa, here is what was on it:
- Amazon, Modern Family Season 1- I can’t sing this show’s praises enough and I totally want to own this so I can re-watch it over and over.
- Nordstrom, Michael Kors Chronograph Watch- I haven’t owned an actual watch of value since I couldn’t tell you when. And I know there are much more pricey pieces available, but since I’ve been out of the game for a some time… I’ll start off easy.
- Express, Essential Stretch Military Shirt- I am a HUGE fan of the military trend and the stretch in this top would allow room for the ladies if ya know what I mean.
- Etsy, Finger Print Necklace- I would love to preserve and wear my new little man’s finger print around my neck daily. It’s such a unique keepsake that I would cherish forever.
- Amazon, Hobo International Metallic Lauren Wallet – I adore my hobo lauren wallet that I have, but it honestly has seen better days. I really like the metallic version for my upgrade.
- Amazon, Raspberry Converse- Since the purchase of my very first pair of converse, I am wanting to own every color of the rainbow and these are the perfect shade of pink.
- Kohls, Deni Digital Stainless Steel Steamer- Steamed veggies are where it’s at in my book, so I think this is right up my alley.
- Timi and Leslie, Baby Jane Bag- I LOVE my current diaper bag so much, but a gal can never have too many bags, right? I love the sleekness of this bag and I would totally rock this with or without my baby.
- Gap, Plaid Flannel Pajamas- I have always wanted a classic set of jammies to kick it in during the winter months.
- Amazon, Bare Escentuals Starter Kit- I have always wanted to give this stuff a go. I have never used any type of mineral make-up before, but those infomercials sure do sell me.