This edition of FFF is for the gentlemen in our lives. There’s no secret of my love for Sperry’s because I featured these cuties awhile back, and I’ve been trying to get my hubby on board with these for at LEAST a year. (So far he’s not budging.) But I recently saw a heard of teenagers that live on my street wearing them and thought, YES, these shoes really ARE back! So I’ll keep on trying…
I’m a huge fan of velcro or slip-on tennis shoes for my son because let’s face it…it’s hard enough to get shoes ON these days much less take the time to TIE them. I mean come on. Anybody else have these troubles or is it just me and my speedy little munchkin?
We’ve been sporting these for a while and they have been fabulous but are getting a little ragged from daily wear.
I think these little booties would look super cute with some leggings and a tunic. They also look super COMFY!
Nine West Abolone, Zappos
Last year was the first year I really made New Year’s resolutions. I think I was a bit too ambitious with some of my list. I did plow through several of them, but a couple just were not feasible. I definitely got my closet organized, the extra bedroom closet organized and the junk drawer organized. I got in more date nights with my hubby and made a ton of those movie nights as well! I started off the year reading a lot more but ended the year with not reading again.
So this year I’ve decided to shorten my list and have everything be 100% attainable. Here goes:
- After having a baby in May, definitely get back into my twice a week gym routine, no matter what. (shoes here.)
- Take more pictures. We took a ton of pictures of my son his first year and at a certain point that sorta dropped off. I want to have these memories and I definitely want the new baby to have all of his baby pictures to look at when he’s older as well. (Does anyone have one of these “best of both worlds” cameras? yay or nay?)
- Get craftier. I still want to do the baby clothes quilt of my son’s first year. I would love to crochet a blanket. I would also love to start doing more crafty projects with my son, especially for Christmas! If I get one of these accomplished this year I will count that as a success!
- Keep organized along the way. We just cleaned out the extra bedroom to make room for baby #2 and it was super simple because we had organized it last year. I want to continue to keep things organized so that I don’t have to take time to overhaul things because it’s gotten so bad.
So there you have it, much shorter but I think definitely attainable!
So if I had planned a bit better this is what my little guy might be wearing on Christmas Day come dinner time. I’d also be crossing my fingers that the temp might be on the cold side and he wouldn’t overheat.
Are you stumped on gift buying for anyone? I’ve gathered up some items that I think might work or at least point you in the right direction.
- Voile Spaghetti Measure, Moma Store
- Jubilee Hoops, Sundance
- Ugg Scuff, Zappos
- Multicolor Ceramic Mixing Bowl Set, Williams-Sonoma
- Bose Noise Canceling Headphones, Amazon
- The Pajamas Warming Pouch, Hammacher Schlemmer
- The In Your Own Voice Storyteller, Hammacher Schlemmer
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine, Amazon
- Pearls in the Stream Bracelet, Sundance
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD, Amazon
- Mad Men Season 1 DVD, Amazon
- Toy Story 3 DVD, Amazon
A couple of weeks ago Der did a post about having a change of heart about wearing tennis shoes and then Danielle from elleinad spir did a post about these Pumas she was loving on, which reminded me about some Puma slip ons I had in my closet. I wore those and then ended up buying some black ones like Danielle has. They are a cross between a flat and a tennis shoe and oh so comfy. The PERFECT COMBO! These go with everything and I would definitely wear them all!! I know Court has always been a huge Puma fan as well and may even own some of these herself.
I have never been a sneaker wearer in my pre-mom life. I love flats, sandals, boots, and flip flops for comfort, but you pretty much would never catch me in an athletic inspired shoe unless I was headed to work out. I’m finding that to be a thing of the past now that going out and about requires lugging a carseat, diaper bag and a trillion other objects along with me. Daily trips out of the house have become somewhat of a workout in themselves. So, here I am seeking out cute sneakers to add to my rotation. Y’all have any suggestions??
These are definitely out of my price range but they were just too cute to not showcase. I love the side zip, the peep toe and all the leather detail. They also come in black and grey. I think they’d be super cute with jeggings, leggings or tights.
Zappos, Corso Como Casey Whiskey