Everyone has their own traditions that they use to celebrate the Holidays with…you know, those things that make the Holidays special and unique to you and your family. I thought I’d share a few of mine, but I also want to hear about yours!
- Gas Station Lotto: I’m not sure how this game started, but I assume it was a way to keep my sister and I occupied and away from presents…Anyway, the entire family loads up and heads to a gas station in our small town, we each buy $10 worth of scratch off tickets. Then, we scratch those off and use the winnings at the next gas station. We do this until there is one person left with $$$ and that person is the winner! (Yes, this may be a little weird and/or a little white trash, but it’s oh so fun!)
- Christmas Presents: Christmas Eve vs. Christmas Day? We’re Christmas Eve people…
- Homemade Chile and Tamales: Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.
- Steak: Our “not so traditional” Christmas day lunch! (We’re not really turkey and dressing people.)
- Stockings: Of course, Santa Claus comes and fills our stockings to open Christmas morning!